Leading Producer of cotton yarn and leading state in the country in export of cotton yarn
Most number of handloom clusters (54)
Accounts for 1/3rd of the textile business in India
Has the maximum number of functional textile parks in India
Production and Export of Cotton Yarns
India’s Total Export of Readymade Garments
Garment Operating Units
Total Yarn Production in India
India’s Total Textile Mills
India’s Power Looms
Textile cluster in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu’s Pride
- Tamil Nadu has 59.3% of all textile mills in India
- Numerous incentives offered by the State of Tamil Nadu for technological upgradation of machinery
- Tamil Nadu is home to nearly 50% of all garment units in India
- A Well-developed ecosystem with the large number of power looms and handlooms clusters and abundant supply of cotton yarn.
- Increased focus on technical textiles due to growth of end-user industries such as healthcare, oil & gas, automotive etc.
- 2 dedicated industrial parks have been set up in collaboration with JICA in Kancheepuram and Karur.
- Abundance of cotton yarn thereby assuring quality supply of raw material
- 35% of all spun yarn in India comes from Tamil Nadu
- Suitable land availability across Tamil Nadu with waste treatment facilities< /p>
- Availability of 3rd party contractors for effluent/ waste management