Emerging as a major exporter of basic chemicals. The chemicals exports from the state grew at a CAGR of 13.5% between 2013-14 & 2017-18
Petroleum products (38% of the total chemicals exports), Residual chemical & allied products (15%) and other misc. chemicals (15%) were the top three exported commodities from Tamil Nadu in 2017-18
Tamil Nadu is a leader amongst the South Indian states in terms of plastics production and consumption
Leading chemical/ petrochemical manufacturers have their base in Tamil Nadu including BPCL, IOCL, CPCL, SPIC etc
Indian chemical industry ranks in world(sales)
Factories Production Companies
India’s Total Chemicals Output
MSMEs providing direct and indirect employment
Petroleum, Chemicals & Petrochemicals Investment Region
State’s Chemical Exports Growth Rate
Tamil Nadu’s Pride
GMR Group is setting up a 850 hectare SIR at Krishnagiri, near Hosur, strategically located at just 45 km distance from Electronic City, Bangalore and is within the influence zone of The ChennaiBangalore Industrial Corridor. This location provides the unique advantage of multimodal connectivity with National and State Highways and a railway line running alongside...Read More
- A central hub hosting manufactures of ancillary reagents up to complicated chained catalysts and end products will attract more investments and in turn develop new eco systems whilst maintaining the existing chain.
- The ability to provide diverse end products from Crude will put the businesses and the state in a favourable position. GoTN welcomes investment in cracking and distillation units.
- With over 2500 chemical manufacturing units in the state, the demand for gas supply is ever present. GoTN is open to improving the domestic production and supply of this demand. We also offer tailored GOs for huge investments.
- State also wants to explore the green side of Chemicals with bespoke agricultural catering needs, the sector is open arms to such investments.
- This section can open doors to tremendous units and export opportunities.
TN Guidance Bureau is extremely supportive of the businesses who want to invest in Tamil Nadu, which is one of the highly industrialized states in the country with a favourable ecosystem. The Bureau, with its single window facility, networks with various government agencies and helps the investors with obtaining the necessary approvals from these agencies. The leadership team at the Bureau is always approachable and is ready to help. I wish all success to the Bureau in its pursuit of facilitating more investments to the state.
Mr. Ashok Muthuswamy,
AVP & Plant Head, Tata Chemicals Limited (Silica Division ) – Cuddalore.
On behalf of the Chemical Industry, we wish to acknowledge and appreciate the prompt services and the help provided by Guidance to Chemical sector industries especially during the lock down and also for expediting various approvals across various departments of Government of Tamil Nadu. We also want to recognise and appreciate your professional guidance in hand holding some of the start-ups right from the conception stage to the final implementation of the project. Indian Chemical Council (ICC), is looking forward to work with you in future vision of bringing three large Petrochemical projects in Tamil Nadu.