RTI TEL Hand Book
The Govt. of India have enacted the Right to Information Act, 2005 (No.22 of 2005) to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005, the Governor of Tamil Nadu made Rules on the fees payable for obtaining information under Sub-section (I) of Sec.6 (G.O.Ms.No.989, Public (Estt. & Legal) Dept., dated 07.10.2005).
Under Sec.4, of the Right to Information Act, 2005, every Public Authority is required to disclose information voluntarily, keeping in mind, activities, nature of work and the information that needs to be divulged to the common people and suggested to prepare a Manual containing the particulars of the Organisation, functions, duties etc. for the information of common public.
Fees Structures to Get Information Under The Right to Information Act, 2005 :
- Every application for obtaining information under sub-section (I) of Section 6 of the Act shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rupees Ten by cash or by demand draft or banker’s cheque payable to TEL, Vellore.
- For providing information under sub- section (I) of Section 7 of the Act, following fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or demand draft or banker’s cheque payable to “Tamil Nadu Industrial Explosives Limited” as specified.
- rupees two each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied.
- actual charge or cost price of a copy of long size paper and.
- for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour, and a fee of rupees five for each fifteen minutes (or fraction thereof) thereafter.
- For providing the information under subsection (5) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or be demand draft or banker’s payable to “Tamil Nadu Industrial Explosives Limited, Vellore” at the following rates.
- for information provided in diskette or floppy, Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
- for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for publication.
Working Hours Of Office : 09.00 A.M. – 05.30 P.M.
The Particulars of Organisation Functions and Duties
Tamil Nadu Industrial Explosives Limited is a Government of Tamil Nadu Enterprise, incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and was incorporated on 09.02.1983 for the manufacture of commercial Explosives and its accessories.
The Industrial Explosives project is located in the Panamadangi Reserve Forest, Vandaranthangal / Dharapadavedu Villages, Katpadi taluk, Vellore District.
The manufacturing facilities are house in 700 Acres of Forest Land which is 7 kms North of Katpadi Railway Station on the Vellore-Chittoor Highway.
The Registered Office is located at No.735, Anna Salai (1st Floor),L.L.A. Buildings, Chennai – 600 002.
We have six manufacturing units for production of various types of explosives and its accessories. Viz:
- Detonating Fuse
- Emulsion Explosives
- Slurry Explosives
- MMAN Based Explosives